Thursday, October 27, 2016

Tales From Alternate Earths Anthology

I have a story in this anthology fullnew.jpg , One World Altered Earths Cathbad 2buy.jpg .

The anthology is doing great.  Eleven weeks out, we're at #16!  And we haven't been worse than #49. I've been asking myself why it continues doing so well, and the only answer I can come up with is superior writing!

No, I'm not bragging. In fact, I count myself extremely fortunate to be associated with these fine writers! We haven't had a review less than three stars - and even these were filled with kind words!

One World has mostly received good reviews, but also two "angry" reviews, for my treatment of an American Icon (John F. Kennedy). I didn't think these criticisms were fair, because they missed the point I was trying to make. Then I remembered what I was taught in a Poetry class years ago: That, once you offer it to the public, one's [writing] becomes the Readers'. And, I recently read a quote: "If you aren't upsetting anyone, you're probably not writing anything worthwhile."

So I am placated. At least no one attacked my style/capability! ;)

I hope the anthology continues doing well. Inklings Press is more than happy about it! If you'd like to read it, you can get your copy here:  http://mybook.to/Alternate

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're enjoying being part of the anthology, Cathbad! And I for one will vouch for your writing, and am proud to be included alongside your story!

    Leo McBride

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leo! :)

    Loved your story!

    ReplyDelete